Monday, February 7, 2022

Lisa Cook should not become a member of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors

Lisa Cook has been nominated to the Federal Reserve Board of Governors.  I believe her appointment would be a mistake.  I have provided my key arguments in this Wall Street Journal op-ed.  There originally was a lot more here in this blog (and there is a lot more to be said), but it all has led to more distraction than necessary or desirable, certainly for me.  I will thus simply leave it at what I wrote in the WSJ at this point.

7 comments:

  1. So you guys hard a fight over defund the police, then Chicago fed fired you (apparently on her cue), and now it's payback? 😆😂😹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He clearly has an axe to grind. He is also entirely right.

      Delete
    2. Yes, he is right, while also ending up sounding like a generally unpleasant and disagreeable person.

      Delete
  2. I have no problem with Lisa Cook stating what she stated and being in favor of defunding the police. This is a free country, she can say whatever she wants, and it is good to have robust debates. I am not a snowflake. I happen to disagree. Far more importantly, these matters are good to keep in mind when deciding about her appointment and whether they shed light on what she will do as Fed Governor. I think they do. That's the point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I explain why Lisa D. Cook came up with only 726 black patents while Andrews and Rothwell came up with 49,821 over the same 1870-1940 period:

    https://www.unz.com/isteve/econ-heavyweight-harald-uhlig-unloads-on-bidens-fed-board-of-governors-nominee-lisa-d-cook/

    ReplyDelete